We had such a fun play date planned with our good friends Landon and Megan today and we were so excited to have some fun! I took this picture after we had been there less than five minutes! Unfortunately we had to leave not two minutes later. When Stetson jumped down from getting this picture taken he slipped and cut his head open. We tried to stop the bleeding for a few minutes but it was pretty obvious at that point this was something that needed stitches. A mother's nightmare....your baby's first stitches!!

He was a trooper while we were at the hospital. He kept telling everyone that he is going to be a Dr. for Halloween!

The Little Foot dinosaur you can see in the background was one of his birthday presents from Landon today and it was such a relief to have something for him to cuddle while we were there! You can see how loopy he started feeling when the drugs kicked in...

TA-DA---all finished! He had three internal stitches and eight external. It has been a long day but I am happy to say Stetson is running around acting like his old self and all is good in our house once again. On our way home we had to go back to Landon's house to get my car and I thought for sure Stetson would fall asleep after everything but NOPE--he wanted to see his friend so we went inside and played for a few minutes like nothing had ever happened at all. It's such a blessing that kids bounce back from things so quick!!

5 comments:
I'm so glad he bounced back so quick...I think me and you were suffering from it longer than he was...I think even Landon was upset about it longer than Stetson was. LoL! He's such a cute boy! Can't wait to get together again!
I'm so glad he is doing good, Poor little guy!!
Poor Stestie! See ya tomorrow!
you are so right. I am dreading the day. but with boys what do you expect? Glad that he is ok, and is doing well. How did he do with the first shot? Oh man, I can't even think about it. Super cute kid. Is he really being a dr for halloween?
Oh my gosh! I guess it is just a Griffin thing. I heard all the Griffin kids were in the hospital with broken bones or needing stitches all the time. And I guess it's been passed on to Stetson. Good luck.
Post a Comment