Monday, April 8, 2013

An epiphany!

Sometimes I wonder how I can be so dumb! Back in the old days of facebook, I tried posting pictures from my page into my blog and they were just messy. The pixel was horrible and they were quite blurry. I hadn't tried this in years and I decided to give it a shot tonight so I could post some fun pics on my blog again. Do you have any idea how lame I felt when I realized how much smoother that process goes now? It was done in less than a second!! Who needs a new camera, now?? Not me...at least not until I can afford a nice one.

First off, here's a few more New York pics that my friend Katie took with her fabulous camera...the view from the top of the Empire State Building at night. This was breathtaking!

 Michaela and I playing around after the banquet and before heading out to do some all night site seeing.
 Katie snapped this picture of me while we were out on the ferry going out to the Statue of Liberty. It was pretty windy but it felt good to be out in the sun and relaxing.
 Me and Katie at the top of the Empire State Building. I have NEVER been in wind half as powerful as it was up there! It's a good thing they have the barriers around the building so we didn't blow away!
 
Now for some not so happy pictures...
 
Stets went in for all of his allergy testing last Tuesday. I am happy to say that he is not severely allergic to anything. Yay! Unfortunately, he was found to be moderately allergic to a handful of things. His two highest allergy reactions were to dogs and cow's milk. As soon as the doctor told us that the best thing would be to get rid of our dogs...Stetson's little just heart broke and he panicked!
Right now we don't feel his reaction is severe enough to go that route though we did have to lay down some new ground rules in our house.
 
First, he can no longer sleep in the living room and he definitely cannot sleep by Berkley.
 
The dogs can't be in his room. Sassy is hypoallergenic and can be in his room if we keep up on her bathing once a week and if we use hypoallergenic shampoo which will also help his allergies. We already bathe her weekly so that's not a problem. Luckily, he has hardwood in his room so we don't have to worry about carpet trapping allergens and turning his room into a war zone. Once again, we are thrilled that we went with hardwood in his room instead of carpet...best decision ever!
 
We have to make sure we wash his bedding weekly in as hot as water as possible....I laughed out loud when she said that. I would LOVE to only have to wash his bedding once a week! Again, that stipulation was not a problem.
 
We also need to cut his cow's milk intake into half. We bought a few different types of almond milk at the store following his testing and he really likes the original flavor. We've decided that if we only keep that in the house, he is fine to drink regular milk at school or when we go out somewhere. This kid drinks milk like it's going out of style! He rarely ever asks for pop. We lucked out that he is taking this transition smoothly.
 
Besides the dogs and the cow's milk, he was mildly allergic to corn products, bananas, onions and timothy grass. These weren't a big problem at all and he can have any of them in moderation. It's not like we ever serve bananas with onions on them to the kid so he should be alright =)
 
I didn't realize how many cereals and other food products contain corn. We have tried to buy wheat based cereals for him as well. I don't want him to be highly medicated or to be miserable and congested all of the time so hopefully the more work I put into avoiding these foods, the more Stets will benefit from it all.
 
Me and my cute boy! He's a little shaggy right now...he's growing his hair out and we are trying to figure out what to do with it at times.
 Sad face =( After the injections he had to wait for 20 minutes to get the results. We turned on Little Rascals to distract him though it didn't work too well.
 Daddy ended up goofing off with him to help pass the time! We sure love our daddy and were so glad he was able to come to the appointment with us last minute!
 
Oh...Happy Belated Easter! I hope you all had as wonderful of time with your family as I did with mine. I love Easter. I love knowing that Christ was crucified on the cross and that he atoned for our sins. I love knowing that I don't have to be perfect to be loved by Him.
 
 The only person I ever have to compare myself to is the person I was yesterday. For that, I am truly grateful.
 
 

0 comments: