Friday, March 29, 2013

Life is good!

Right now I feel like life is a constant rollercoaster ride that consists of school, work, homework...repeat. I've tried to kick school into 3rd gear so I can finish everything and get done a little early. Last weekend I spend about 15 hours doing homework and now I am about two full weeks ahead of the schedule which feels soooooo good!!!

Stetson's out of school all next week for Spring Break so I'm hoping we can have some fun times together! On Monday he is going to the dentist to get his first cavity filled...eek! I'm glad he made it this long without one but I know this isn't going to be fun. Tuesday he is going in for allergy testing and he will be getting SIXTY injections!! Honestly, going to the dentist will probably be a walk in the park comapred to the allergy doctor. Other than that, I hope we have some down time to take a break!

I've been having crazy camera trouble lately which is why I haven't been blogging. I REALLY need a new camera but life's been expensive lately and that's the last thing on my priority list right now. Who wants to read someone's blog without pictures?!?

Here's a couple of recent photos that I've uploaded AND this represents some of the stress in our lives lately. This cute boy is now 6 years old and he is the joy of our lives! He's in 1st grade and he doesn't like school, because it starts way too early in the morning, but he does really well at it! He is kicking butt in math and spelling and we are so proud of him. he's gotten 100% on his last few spelling tests which has blown us away. He also brought home some addition problems for homework a few weeks ago that he had to be timed in doing. His goal was to answer 20 problems in one minute with 100%....he got 32! The second time we did it, a week later, he got all 40 right!! He definitely got his dad's genes when it comes to math.

However, this cute boy is again struggling with horrible nightmares and night terrors. Around 3 AM, he runs in our room now crying or screaming because he's scared. This morning he told us that spiders were dropping down from his ceiling and he coudln't go back to his room. It breaks my heart =( . When this happens, he pulls out his sleeping bag and curls up next to Berkley to keep him safe. The dreams are usually about spiders or snakes!

His nightmares are happening almost nightly right now which is really difficult. We are exhausted and he is too. Skylar gave him a father's blessing a couple of nights ago hoping that would help so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We love this little guy so much and it hurts to see him so upset.

0 comments: