2012 was the first year that I remember actually accomplishing multiple resolutions that I set for myself....I think it's because I printed them out and hung them up in my closet where I would read them and think about them every day. Unfortunately, there were a couple things on my list that didn't get done but such is life. I have been thinking about what goals I need to set for myself for 2013 and so far this is what I have come up with:
- Graduate in the Spring! After this semester, I will officially be CGriffin, BSN, RN! I can't wait to close the school chapter of my life and to move on to other things. When I graduated with my RN, I was expecting to have a 3.6 GPA and to get a rope so I was greatly disappointed when my GPA was only 3.54 and I had no rope to show for my hard work! My GPA is now 3.6 and it has to hold there for me to get my rope this April. So I guess that's two goals in one.
- We need to build up our savings. The church really pushes us members to have at least a 3 month emergency fund to rely on if needed. Skylar and I do not have that much in savings so that's something that we really need to focus on during 2013. I am happy that we can pay for my school in monthly increments so hopefully that chunk can go from paying for my schooling to building up our savings come April. Even though our savings isn't what it should be, I am happy that I will graduate without any student loans.
- This year we are both putting more effort into staying caught up with our tithing! I have seen many blessings come our way from paying our tithing yet somehow life still gets in the way and for one reason or another we always get behind. I know it's not intentional but the blessings only come when we do our part and make the needed sacrifices so this year we are vowing to NOT get behind in what we owe to our Heavenly Father. 10% is very little to ask from us in exchange for what he gives us each and every day.


2 comments:
I could easily adopt all these goals Chels! Hopefully in Dec. I'll get BSN ropes too! Good luck this year!
Congrats on your "almost" graduation! What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of you.
And excellent goals. It always helps to write them down. You have inspired me. I have not set ONE goal for 2012.
Post a Comment