

Here's Stets putting on a happy face even when he's miserable! What a little trooper I have. 

I woke up at 3 in the morning today to what every parent dreads! A fevered, miserable, throwing-up child AND what every nursing student dreads...it's the night before an early morning clinical. Well, when your child is sick, there's not much you can do about it at this point. I got out the towels and blankets and sat down on the couch for what was a VERY long few hours. By 5:30am, I had already done 3 loads of laundry and ALMOST had Stets back to sleep. He was drinking a very small amount and his fever was controlled. I woke-up Skylar and asked him to sit with him so I could sleep until 6:15 when my alarm was going to go off. Skylar knew I only had 4 hours of sleep at that point and had a long day ahead of me so being the great husband/daddy that he is, he did it. I'm not sure if that last 45 mins of sleep was a good idea or not, because I definitely wanted to throw the d*** alarm clock out the nearest window when it went off!! Skylar had to spend the day at home taking care of Stets, and as soon as I got home, Skylar went to work for a few hours. All I have to say is TGIF--and hopefully our household will be recovered by Monday
morning.
morning. I bought him this dinosaur coloring book at the store today when I picked up juice. He's been so good all day in spite of everything!


7 comments:
I'm so sorry! you know I totally understand the magnitude of this event! Get some rest this weekend
you just started twilight?! You'll love it I promise. By the way Stetson is adorable
Chelsey...my heart goes out to you! Get better soon Stetson...love Elliott's
poor thing. that is the worst. hopefully the worst is over. I think it is great that you are in nursing school. i am very envious of you. I love the medical field. Good luck with stet tonight. ps his room is adorable.
He is always a trooper, even when he is sick! Tell him Aunt Nannie loves him!!! And Sky is a good daddy! I think we'll keep our boys! Right???
I am so sorry girly, I sure hope that he is feeling better now!!
I hope Stetson is feeling better!!! I love that I can keep up with you and everything that is happening in your life. Even when its not fun news!! Just hope you don't end up getting what Stetson had :)
Post a Comment