Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How we say THANKS


Last Sunday in Primary we had a really good sharing time on "Thanks Giving and Giving Thanks". It's funny how much I learn in Primary each week and I'm 23 years old!! The kids in our class teach me and Skylar so much and we love spending time with them.

Anyways, during the sharing time the lady asked if we show that we are thank you to Heavenly Father for things we are blessed with or if we say thanks...or both...or neither! Sometimes it's really hard to say exactly how you feel to someone for something they've done but it's not very hard to do something to show them that you appreciate it! It's easy to get busy with life and to feel grateful for something but to forget to tell that person thank you.

A couple years ago in Relief Society a lady gave a lesson on saying thank you and during that lesson she challenged us all to say one "Thank you" prayer a day. She said a "Thank you" prayer was a prayer in which you thanked Heavenly Father for all of your blessings and asked for NOTHING in return. It's easy to get sidetracked with life and to ask Him for anything and everything we can think of and even though they may be IMPORTANT things, we need to remember to Thank Him for everything we are already blessed with! I am SO thankful for everything we have in our lives. We may not have everything that we WANT but we have everything we NEED and we try to help others out when we can. Even though things are tight right now with medical bills, school and with work slowing down, we need to remember how much we do have and to always SHOW THANKS and SAY THANKS for our blessings!! I have a wonderful family, very dear friends and the best husband and little boy that I could ask for and I am VERY blessed.

2 comments:

Megs said...

That was awesome, thank you.

The Rigbys said...

Thank you for sharing this!