Thursday, October 23, 2008

500 reasons why I hate hunting season







The first reason would be spousal abandonment... however, that also happens during golf season, softball season and baseball season so that one doesn't count! The other 499 reasons keep showing up in my house, on my clothes, attached to my underwear, all over my child and husband and of course poor Koda! They are called BURRS, THISTLES, THORNS, or as I lovingly refer to them: A royal pain in my butt!! Even after I go through Skylar's dirty hunting clothes with a fine tooth comb, I still find them inside my clothes or Stetson's clothes when we are getting dressed in the mornings! Last year there were four different times when they stuck to my underwear and I had no idea until I sat down and I couldn't figure out what was biting my butt!! Even though I HATE them, you can see from these pics that Koda got the worst of it this year. He was covered in hundreds and it was all from one little outing with Skylar. It took a couple hours of baby oil, shampoo, conditioner and combing to get them all out. Poor little guy!! The one and ONLY reason why I am happy to see snow fall every year--hunting season will be OVER...til next year.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Ya that would suck!! I don't have to worry about deer hunting season, James doesn't like it. Yahoo!! I'm glad the burs came out of the dogs fur!!

Megs said...

I totally agree with spouse abandonment! It seems like nothing in the world matters but hunting and when my husband gets home and “puts” his stuff everywhere I get to clean it up.