Monday, March 9, 2009

7 years...where has the time gone?


March 7th 2002 is when me and Skylar went on our first date! I can't believe that's already been SEVEN years ago! Am I really that old?? It's crazy how time flies when you are having fun. When people ask how we met we just laugh. It's quite the story that most of you know but for those of you who don't know here it is: It's quite simple really. My older sis (Annilee) and his older brother (Cole) are married...and they have been married since 1995 so that's probably about the time I first met Skylar. When we were younger he was always the pesty "older brother" and I never really like him much. Lol. I guess things change over the years. We started hanging out together at family functions when we got older. For instance when I was 15 and he was 18 we went down to Raging Waters for a dance competition for the day and ended up spending the day together because everybody else just wanted to lay out and get a tan and we wanted to hit the slides!! We both knew sparks were flying that day but because of the age difference we both knew it wouldn't and shouldn't work out at that time. I went off to high school and he went off to do whatever 18 year old boys do when they graduate HS and get their own place for the first time. Two years went by before we finally shared out first kiss....and seven years later here we are. I still don't know how exactly happened when we got together because we were just hanging out like many times before...but this time ended in a kiss that I still remember to this day. He is the best guy that I could ever ask for and I feel like I have always known him and loved him. Skylar, I love you so much and look forward to all of our many years together. Happy "unanniversary" honey.

We are a team and do everything together...this is us wrapping Christmas presents in 2002
He can always make me laugh...
I love how "outdoorsy" he is and doesn't just sit around and watch TV....
This was taken when we had been dating two weeks...and he still looks amazing to me!
He is an amazing father and husband...and Stetson's best friend...
Whatever the future holds for us...I know we will tackle it together!

7 comments:

Shel Loney said...

That was so sweet. It made me think of how much Mike means to me. You guys are so cute!

The Jensens said...

Aw you two are so cute!!! It's amazing how time does fly huh?!!

Megs said...

That is so cute. You guys are adorable together and have a cute little boy. And just think there is a lot more in store!!!

Brooke said...

Congrats!! Hey I heard JaDee and Stetson got to play together tonight at McDonalds...Dang I'm so sad I missed it!

Cassidy said...

cute post. It really is funny the circumstance of your marriage. But i guess it was just meant to bee. You two are cute.

Megan Maughan said...

Hey I got your message yesterday, sorry I didn't call you back. I think I was honestly still asleep when you called LOL. Mondays are so hard for me after working 12's all weekend and having to work 12 that day as well. I can come get the story time stuff from you if you're going to be home sometime soon. Let me know!

Jena said...

holy--- seven?!!! You are old:) Kidding, yea for you two and how funny that its been a long road to get there(a good one though) i'll be coming up this weekend, so i'll bring the frames for yoU!!!! YEA and thanks!