
When Stetson left for Vegas last week he had not had a messy diaper in four days so I thought we were doing really well in the potty training area of life. He did pretty good in Vegas from what I hear (not counting the time Annilee let him run around naked and Tylie made him laugh so hard he peed all over everything!) but since he has come home he has been back at square one and we are so frustrated! I made up a potty chart last month and we covered a potty with a sticker every time he went to the bathroom in the toilet like a big boy. He had 30 toilets to cover up and then he got a big reward. It took him over 2 weeks and he worked really hard for that reward (as you can see in the picture he also ripped a few stickers off after wards to play with)! He did really good and his prize was a Thomas the train towel with a cute little hood. He loves it so much that he takes it everywhere he used to take his blanket. Yes, he even takes it to the baby sitter's to nap with! Crazy kid, I know!
We decided tonight that once he had earned his big reward he just plain gave up so we needed something else to bribe him with. We took him to Wal*Mart tonight to let him pick out his own prize. He understood he couldn't have it until he filled up another potty chart and I was proud of him when he didn't even cry when we took it away and put it on top of the fridge when we got home. It is a remote controlled Thomas the train! Since we got home he has gone a few times in the potty tonight so we are hopeful this will put him on the right track again! Until that potty chart is covered with stickers, Thomas will stay on top of the fridge...hopefully it won't be for too long though...wish us luck...
One good thing with Stetson that we don't have to remind him to do is washing his hands! He is SO good about it. He wants to wash them constantly whether he has used the bathroom or not. I also make him wash his hands whenever we eat or if he helps me unload the dishwasher and he never complains. I also love the trail of orange soap I am constantly finding in the sinks around the house!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Potty Chart Attempt #2
Posted by *Chelsey* at 1:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I wish you the best of luck! :)
Good luck with all of that!
I LOVE those pics of Stetson asleep with the dog! Absolutely priceless!!!
hotopet
Good Luck!!! I don't look forward to doing that with Jenasen!
Good Luck! I may have to just send Landon to your house for potty training...we have had many failed attempts at the sport! Maybe the chart will work for Landon...we'll try and see!
Good luck with him!!! Jaxon was doing really good for awhile but now he is starting to be lazy again. He really wants to go to school really bad so we told him that he can go this year if he goes potty. So lets hope this works this time. But good luck with stets
Where do you get the potty chart?
Post a Comment