Sunday, March 1, 2009

My lonely Days


Well Skylar and Stetson have been in Las Vegas for the past 5 days!! I have missed them like crazy but it has been nice too. I had just applied for a new job when Skylar was getting ready to pack up and go down there for work for a week or so. I was planning on staying back and hanging out with Stetson because that's what we do when daddy's gone! I wasn't expecting to hear about the job for a while but I received a phone call the next day....interviewed the next...and knew I had the job by the time I had left the interview. It all happened so fast and I was SO excited and grateful because it will be my first job working as an actual nurse! They needed me to start the following day and were willing to work around Skylar being gone for my training schedule. Turns out they didn't have to because my wonderful sister (who lives in Vegas) called and begged me to send Stetson down with his daddy and she would watch him during the day while his dad was at work. She has offered to do this I think every time Skylar has gone to Vegas for work but I have only ever been away from Stets one night since he was born and I was NOT about to let him go for a week so we always managed to handle what life threw our way when Skylar was out of town and we always had fun doing so!

When I found out I would be working 3 twelve hour shifts in the short time Skylar would be gone, I felt really guilty about having to take Stets to a babysitter for that many hours while I worked. That's not fair to him!! Baby sitter's are great (especially ours) but I felt like 13-14 hours a day was brutal and I knew Stetson would have MUCH more fun if I let him go to Vegas this time. On top of work, I had a couple English papers due and a Patho midterm so I had plenty to keep my mind busy. When I am finally done training next week I will only be working 1-2 graveyard shifts a week which will fit in with my schedule perfectly but training has been hectic!

Well you get the story and I ended up sending Stets to have a blast with his Aunt Nanny and family. You can check out exactly how much fun they did have if you click HERE. I have missed them both and it's been lonely around here but I am sure Stetson had the time of his life...and I was able to watch a few Lifetime movies....and the house stayed clean.....etc.
Thanks again Annilee (and family). We REALLY appreciate it and I don't know what I would have done without you doing this for us! We LOVE you!!

3 comments:

Ktbug said...

Who is your patho teacher? Man that class was intense. I can't remember my teacher's name. She was an older ER nurse. She was also the USU/WSU nursing director.

What days are you working?

Laura said...

Where is your new job?!? Congrats on getting it :)

Jeff & Erin said...

Congrats on your new job, that is awesome!! Where will you be working?