Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ALL ABOARD

Well we finally got away for a much needed miniature vacation last weekend. 24 hours wasn't long enough but we had so much fun and are so glad we went! We did a few fun things and I have WAY TOO MANY pictures, but I thought I would post our main attraction first because you all know how excited Stetson had been ALL WEEK for this to come-- so here is our long awaited ride on Thomas the Tank Engine...

As you walk in there are posters of all of the trains so you can take pictures by them. Stets chose Percy for his picture but as you can see he was too fascinated with Percy to look at the camera!
Here are me and Stets standing by the hay bale maze which I got ALL TOO familiar with because that was the ONLY way to the port-o-potty.

We saw this train as we were pulling in and Stets was so excited because he thought this was "Salty the train." It is the same color as Salty but unfortunately this train resides in Heber and not on Sodor island. We let Stets pick out one train at the gift shop before we left and he chose Salty.
FINALLY it was our turn to ride Thomas and here he came! We were only about the third family waiting in line out of about 400 people to ride Thomas at noon so we got to pick where we wanted to sit so luckily we weren't on anyone else's laps! Stets was waving at Thomas as he drove by...

You can see how they get so many people on at one time...this is only HALF of the train.
We found our seats that we wanted and just had to wait for everyone else to board before take off.

During the 30 minute ride, conductors walked up and down the train talking with all of the kids and posing for pictures. Stetson didn't say much to them but this guy stuck around anyway and kept talking and telling us some history info on Heber Valley. All of the crew members were nice and really good with the kiddos. Sometime between boarding and take off Stets HAD to change into his Thomas T-shirt we got him...

One of the conductors passed out these cute "Jr. Engineer" certificated to all of the kids. Stetson dragged it around ALL DAY afterwards. He was so PROUD of his, "Thomas paper." We had so much fun! The only downfall was that we didn't get any pictures with Sir Topham Hat AKA, "Sir Thomas with the hat". He was there but you had to pay $20 for a picture with him or to even talk to him and I thought that was a joke especially if the picture was of a screaming child. Why pay $20 for that?? So unfortunately we missed him all together BUT we did get a family picture of us all with Thomas that I will post later because I don't have it with me right now.

I am so glad that I have a loving family that loves nothing more than spending time together. I really hope as our children grow up that we will be able to do fun little things like this with all of them. I love you so much Stetson and had fun riding Thomas with my little man!










4 comments:

annilee said...

Awww, I love the pics! And he looks so cute, and grown up in his conductor hat! I bet he LOVED every minute of it! Glad you had fun!

Megan Maughan said...

I was showing Landon these pictures, and he noticed "that's not Percy by Etson, that's Henry Mom" LoL! I'm glad Stetson had fun, I'm bummed we didn't make it. We thought it was this week (the 26th-30th) because we both had to work. Oh well I'm sure there will be other Thomas events to attend! =)

*Chelsey* said...

I had no idea that was Henry!! ha ha

Megs said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!! I bet Stetson was so super excited.