Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vein update and potty training (or lack there of)

As you can see by the pictures--it is time for Stets to be potty trained!! That was the nasty pee diaper he woke up with today. Isn't it lovely that it is hanging out of his shorts? Yeah, I thought so....ugh. He is making progress and peeing in the potty now but whenever he has to poop he runs and hides behind the chair in our living room and it is VERY irritating. It's funny though because he used to poop in the potty but NEVER pee in it so maybe eventually the two will come together and we will be passed this hurdle in life.

In other news we saw a NEW vascular specialist for Stetson's leg two days ago and we received GOOD NEWS! He is NOT having surgery. The blood that is pooling in the vein has decreased in size and is only at a dangerous level IF it were in a major vein or artery but this is his lesser saphenous vein and it is OK! He can have the vericose vein fixed when he is older if he chooses to do so but all of the smaller ones around it will probably continue to grow with him and unfortunately most likely the discoloration will not fade with age. The Dr. said this type of hemangioma is very rare, but shouldn't cause problems so we are grateful for that!

Hopefully one day his wife will love his two purple toes and splotchy purple bum as much as I do!
Here he is waiting for the Dr. to come in. This was the third ultra sound Stets has had in two weeks on his leg and it is a ZOO every time trying to get him to hold still for 30-60 minutes but now it has all been worth it and we are glad the outcome was in our favor.
We love you Stetsie! DISCLAIMER: I did NOT buy this shirt and take no responsibility for any harsh reactions....if you want Skylar's number feel free to ask and you can take it all out on him.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I'm laughing right now, Jason bought Hadley the same shirt! Boys.
Good news about his little leggies!

Megan Maughan said...

I'm glad Stetson doesn't have to have surgery! Hooray! That would be so hard for a little guy! The potty training thing...we haven't made any progress, Landon wants nothing to do with it and it's so frustrating! I just want it to be over and done with! So if Stets is potty trained before Landon, I'm sending him to your house LoL!

Shel Loney said...

I totally know how frustrating it can be not to have them just go in the potty whenever! Ace poops but RARELY ever goes pee... I hear a lot of little boys will go pee but not so much poop in the potty instead going and hiding to do it. Stinkers (literally). Anyways that's great news about Stetson not having to have surgery!

Alyssa said...

I love the diaper pic! So funny. Im so glad that you got good news!

annilee said...

K maybe it's because I am so far removed from the diaper changing stage, but that one with the soggy diaper hanging out, kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little! Good thing I adore that kid!