Monday, May 4, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

When Life Gives You Lemons--Make Some Lemonade!! It seems like life has been pretty hectic around here lately. Luckily, finals are over now and I am happy with my grades!! I am taking a couple things this summer but it will be more laid back so that I have some time to enjoy the sunshine too. I can't wait!

However, we have a couple things to get through until before we can be too carefree this summer. I am having a laparoscopy for my endometriosis a week from tomorrow. It's just an in and out surgery that hopefully won't put me down for too long so I haven't been stressing about it too much yet. I have put it off for a while, but it is definitely to the point where I need to get it taken care of again. I tried the Lupron treatment when I was 18 years old and that worked really good. When I had my c-section with Stetson they also cleaned out all that they could find but it's been two and a half years since then and it is time to take care of it again. So that is what we are looking at for next week...

Now for the following week, we found out today that Stetson is getting surgery. I took him into his vein Dr. this morning because he has had a bruise on the back of his leg for almost a week and it started to make a little bump that stuck out off of his leg and it worried me. They did an ultrasound of his leg again and he has a vein that isn't working right, and the little bump on his leg is his blood pooling because the valves aren't working in that specific vein. I know this ultrasound picture is hard to understand but you can see the little pool of blood and it measures a centimeter in diameter. A centimeter doesn't sound like much, but I guess in an adult that's a problem so for a small child it is definitely not good and needs to be fixed very soon. They are just going to tie off the vein from both ends which is something that would be done in the office for an adult but since Stets is so small, they will be doing it at the hospital under anesthesia. I don't have any details on the day and I should know more after out next appointment at the hospital on Wednesday. Luckily, his surgery is also an in and out and should be minimally invasive and the Dr. thinks Stets will be up and running around 6 hours after the procedure so we will keep our fingers crossed that everything does ok!

After the Dr. appointment, Stetson was promised a prize IF he was good. He freaked out at first but then he thought the ultrasound was really cool and he relaxed after that and did pretty good. He passed out in the car after our trip to Wal Mart where grandma JT bought him these two Thomas Trains and mommy got him an Elmo DVD....spoiled I know, but the poor kid has NO idea what lies ahead of him. Berkley wasn't with us at the Dr. but when we dropped my mom off at home, we picked up Berk and headed to HER DR APPOINTMENT where she is staying the night to get spayed. At least now everyone is taken care of and I am exhausted already and the night is still young!!

7 comments:

annilee said...

It will be nice to get it all out of the way! Poor Stetsie! And you too! I will send him a prize! Should I send you an Elmo toy too??? Hope you get through the next couple of weeks! {Hugs}

Brooke said...

Dang girl, I had two of those surgery's one was just the mild one that you are having but 3 months later I had it again but worse and cists that one I was cut Wide open, it sucked and I went through the Lupron shots too and now I have two kids :) I hope all goes well for you and Stetson, keep me updated! Loveyas and let me know if I can do anything to help!

The Rigbys said...

Good luck with all the surgeries! You guys have some tough things going on right now. I hope everything goes well!

Megan Maughan said...

Let me know when Stets has his surgery, Landon and I will have to bring him a little treat =) I hope all goes well and you ALL recover quickly! Good Luck! Let me know if you need help with anything!

Johnsons said...

Wow. Good luck with everything.

Jena said...

Chels i'm so sorry! That totally stinks! I hope everything goes ok with everyone and that you'll all be better after this! man, 2 of you... well three, having surgeries... NO FUN! I sent up those frames, i think kara is bringing them the rest of the way friday, but i'm not sure. i'll find out and let you know.

Ktbug said...

UGH!! Seriously our family has major issues with that endometriosis. I know how you feel about putting the surgeries off as long as possible. I'm lucky to be preggers now and not deal with it for a couple months. Good luck with everything! I'll be thinking of ya.