Since I am back on my feet I wanted to tell you how wonderful our Mother's Day was this year! First of all, the best gift I received was my husband coming home! He had been working in Las Vegas for for almost a month and as you heard, it was a stressful time at our house while he was gone and we definitely missed him more than he will ever know!
He got home Friday night/Saturday morning about 2am and unfortunately I was working so I didn't see him until the next morning but Stets woke right up when Skylar picked him up from Amy's house and they stayed up talking until 4am!! The next day we headed to Health Days to see the festivities. Unfortunately sleep deprivation caused us to miss the parade but the fair was fun.
Stets had a good time on the slides and all of the other blow-up toys. After this we headed to Sizzler for a nice dinner since it had obviously been a while and guess what? Stets fell asleep on the way there and slept through the ENTIRE dinner....it was nice.
The next day was Mother's Day! These are the hot pink pumps we got Skylar's mom. She loved them!! Stets was "helping" her open all of her gifts because he was so excited.
Then we went to see my parents. Me and my sister got my mom a massage for Mother's Day from a lady that goes into your home and does them. Enjoy that hour and a half mom!
Here's Brinkley, Brendon, and Stetson posing with Grandma JT
Cute little Brendon got stuck being in all of the pics...but with cheeks like those, who can blame me?
Last but not least two days later was my surgery. I am doing really good now but I wanted to share these cute pics...first of all we have Stetson who LOVES the COOL socks I brought home for him! He tells everyone that his mommy bought them for him...haha. Also, I can't forget the flowers from my boys. Skylar bought the white ones at the hospital that day and had them waiting in my room for me when I got back and the tulip is from Stetson. He decided to pluck one from the yard for me since he knew I "had big owies". He also plucked another one for me today to add to the vase. He is such a sweet kid. He woke up with a fever on the day of my surgery and was VERY sick for a few days afterwards. Today is the first day he has really felt better. Thanks to everyone who called and offered to help with Stets while I was down. We would have taken you up on your offers if we wouldn't have been so sick!!
If you are STILL reading this novel of a post...this is Stetson leaving my mom's house last Sunday with a bag of peas and a bag of rolls...he wanted to make sure JT shared the leftovers with him! He ended up eating three rolls before we even left their house. I can't believe how much he eats some days.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Mother's Day
Posted by *Chelsey* at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It's good to see your doing better. Those surgeries are no fun. Yours sounds VERY similar to my last one. The worst part is that air you get up in your shoulders afterward. Like a big air bubble that can't go any where. Take it easy and get caught up on your rest!
I love that you do the local festivities. We never do, and then wish we had.
I'm glad you are feeling better.
pheri
Post a Comment