Friday, January 2, 2009

2nd Christmas Blog!








Why throw all of the fun festivities of the Holidays into one blog anyways...? Well here goes the story of Christmas Eve once we left the family party around 11p.m. I was SO excited to have Santa come and leave something for Stetson during the night because he had been asking, "Where's Santa Claus"? all month long! He was so excited when we got home. He also had told my mom right before we left her house that he had, "owies in my belly" but I didn't think anything of it because I thought all the excitement and no nap during the day was finally catching up with him. Boy was I dead wrong! Right when we were trying to go to sleep he sat up and threw-up all over the floor. I was like, IT'S CHRISTMAS--you cannot get sick on Christmas Stetson!! He ended up throwing-up and having diarrhea like I couldn't believe ALL NIGHT LONG. We FINALLY fell asleep from 4am until 7am and was up again when he started doing it all again. I wanted to cry. We still had Skylar's family party and dinner to attend to during the day as well as other family activities planned out. What were we going to do?? Some point during the night, Santa came and left some gifts for Stetson in his bed. Stets went in there around 8am to see the gifts but all he did was look at them. He was too sick to care what was there and too weak to even open one! He just closed his bedroom door and said, "Santa Claus gave them to me". Lol!
I called up my sister and told her that we wouldn't make it to anything for the day because Stets was too sick. I asked Skylar to give him a blessing so he called and asked his dad to come over and help. We are VERY blessed to have such a caring family because not only did my FIL show up, but two of Skylar's brothers as well as Aunt Nanny. About 15 minutes after they left Stets was back to his old self! He was up and running all over the place, he tore through his gifts from Santa and was BEGGING to go see Grandma Chelle and Grandpa Roly! I couldn't believe the turnaround and we were able to make it to most of the festivities that day!

Once he was feeling good he really enjoyed his presents! He even wanted to share his Nemo and Tigger presents with the dog! You can see how sick he looks in the picture of him laying down on the LoveSac and the pictures of him smiling and playing with Berkley were taken just a couple hours later!

Unfortunately--the sickness didn't stop at just Stets though! Me and Skylar got in on New Year's Eve and were both super sick all night long! What a party that was to ring in the New Year! I hope everyone had a better New Year's than we did at our house and good luck to everyone with keeping your resolutions! I haven't even made mine yet...

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Bummer. No one should be sick on Christmas. It should be against the law.

preingn

Brooke said...

Oh Man Girl I am sooo sorry but I'm also so glad that the blessing helped him, don't we just love blessings??

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

That really sucks that he was sick for Christmas, but it looked like you guys sure had fun though!!!